Friday, March 03, 2006

PORT DEAL RUNS INTO SNAGS

By Stockton

The deal to turn over management responsibilities for six major U.S. ports to the Dubia-based company DP World has run into another snag. The deal already faces stiff opposition by both parties in Congress. However, that may not be the major snag for the Bush Administration and the United Arab Emirate Company.

Now, several well-known "port experts" are criticizing the deal, intimating that despite the President's resolve, the deal will likely collapse.

One expert, who wishes to remain anonymous, has more than thirty years experience in managing eastern-seaboard ports.

"DP World comes to me for finance and security," said the expert. "They offer me 50% of the profits. They even say that the Tartaglia Family will guareentee my investment. But I must say no. It doesn't matter to me what a man does for a living but this port deal is a dangerous business. But, since my interests don't conflict with DP World's, I wished them well."

Image hosting by Photobucket
Port Expert wishes DP World success

Another port expert had a less congenial response to the deal.

"Who the fuck is DP World," said the expert, upon hearing of the deal. "I don't give a fuck if the President signed off on this! No fucking towel-head is stepping foot into any port unless they get the OK from me."

Image hosting by Photobucket
DP World may not be welcome in every port

The White House could not be reached for comment.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?