Tuesday, March 07, 2006

KATRINA VIDEO MISHAP

By Stockton

President Bush's Nielsen Ratings have plummeted since the release of "Katrina - Uncensored." In the aftermath of the devastating hurricane, Bush insisted that the Federal Government had no notice of the dangers posed to the New Orleans levees.

A recently issued video seems to show that Bush was warned of the impending disaster - or does it? Context is everything.

According to sources close to the West Wing, President Bush was not really listening to the briefing. "He does that a lot," said Scott McClellan, Bush's Press Secretary. "It's not that he's disengaged, it's just that he has a lot on his mind." McClellan was quick to point out, "There's a big difference between lying - which is the partisan take around here - and not caring. Clearly, the President is not a liar."

One junior FEMA official paints are more disturbing picture.

"I'm sitting there and just happen to be near the President. Someone's going on and on and on about the impending catastrophe and the President, he's nodding, looking really serious. I thought to myself, this is a man that gets it. Then he turns to me....me....just a lowly FEMA guy. The President looks at me and says, 'One, two, three, four, I declare a thumb war!' He beat me two out of three times."



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?